Black Girls Run


How to Buy Running Shoes

“A pair of shoes can change your life. Just ask Cinderella.” –Anonymous I certainly felt a little like Cinderella as the sales associate delicately slipped my new running shoes on. It was love at first touch. Not with the sales associate, but my new Asics. A few weeks… [more]
THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2012

THURSDAY RUNAVATION

Today’s Runavation
“Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year.”
- Franklin P. Adams
MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2012

Morning Motivation

Good Morning BGR! Nation.  Let’s make the conscious decision to make excellence a habit!  We’re worth it! #PreservetheSexy
THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012

THURSDAY RUNAVATION

Today’s Runavation
“Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.”
- Earl of Derby
THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012

THURSDAY RUNAVATION

Today’s Runavation
“The best way to predict the future is to invent it.”
- Alan Kay
MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012

Morning Motivation

Happy Monday Ladies! Just in case you need a little push, it doesn’t matter how fast you run or walk, just get out there and hit the pavement! #PreservetheSexy
THURSDAY, APRIL 5, 2012

THURSDAY RUNAVATION

Today’s Runavation
“Clear your mind of can’t.”
-Samuel Johnson
MONDAY, APRIL 2, 2012

Things I Learned from My Half-Marathon in Paris

By: Brenda Stallings
Semi-marathon de Paris, 5 mars, 2012.
I love running and I love Paris so it’s no surprise to my family and friends that I decided to run the 2012 Semi-marathon de Paris.  Last year, I volunteered for the 2011 Paris Marathon and manned the water stop at 21K (mile 13.1) and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Immediately upon my return home, I started making plans to run the Semi-marathon.
 During the summer months, as I waited for registration to open, I secured an apartment and purchased my plane ticket.  I received notification that registration would open September 15, 2011 at 4am CST.  The day before registration opened, I notified my credit card company that I would be making an International transaction so that my credit card would not be rejected.  I set my alarm, woke up and registered.  The cost was 27 Euro ($36).  However, one thing that is very different with European races is that you must submit a medical certification (Doctor’s clearance) and submit the certificate to complete your registration.
 From the date of registration in September until leaving in February, seemed like an eternity and then all of a sudden, I didn’t have enough time before boarding my plane.  Four (4) ladies from my running group, Black Girls RUN!, (Nikki, Carol, Sheila & Gwen) accompanied me on this running trip along with my sister, Pattie, and her husband, Steve.  Pattie and Gwen volunteered during the race and I was ever so grateful to see a familiar faces on the race course.
 There are seven (7) lessons I learned while running an International Race:  Read more
MONDAY, APRIL 2, 2012

Morning Motivation

No More Excuses!!
THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012

Help Black Girls RUN! win the Fitness Magazine’s 2012 Fitterati Blogger Award!

Great news BGR! Nation, Black Girls RUN! was recently nominated for Fitness Magazine’s 2012 Fitterati Blogger Award and we need your support!  Our nomination is in the Best Running Blog category and we need votes now so follow the link below, click VOTE, and share with your friends. But hurry, polls close April 12th.
THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012

THURSDAY RUNAVATION

Today’s Runavation
“It’s never too late to become what you might have been.”
-George Elliot

Comments